This Computer Vision and Image Analysis course is a deep dive into Computer Vision, Image Analysis and Semantic Segmentation using the Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit.
About this course
This course is part of the Microsoft Professional Program in Artificial Intelligence.
Computer Vision is the art of distilling actionable information from images.
In this hands-on course, we’ll learn about Image Analysis techniques using OpenCV and the Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit to segment images into meaningful parts. We’ll explore the evolution of Image Analysis, from classical to Deep-Learning techniques.
We’ll use Transfer Learning and Microsoft ResNet to train a model to perform Semantic Segmentation.
What you’ll learn
- Apply classical Image Analysis techniques, such as Edge Detection, Watershed and Distance Transformation as well as K-means Clustering to segment a basic dataset.
- Implement classical Image Analysis algorithms using the OpenCV library.
- Compare classical and Deep-Learning object classification techniques.
- Apply Microsoft ResNet, a deep Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) to object classification using the Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit.
- Apply Transfer Learning to augment ResNet18 for a Fully Convolutional Network (FCN) for Semantic Segmentation.
Meet the instructors
Senior Content Developer
Andrew is a Senior Content Developer at Microsoft. His passion for software and teaching comes from 20+ years of software development experience at Microsoft, Siemens, Ericsson and his own startup.
Ivan Griffin, PhD
Emdalo Technologies, Ltd.
Ivan Griffin is a director and founder of Emdalo Technologies, where he works on developing embedded machine learning solutions. Ivan has over 20 years of experience in the embedded and semiconductor industries. He has a strong technical background combined with commercial and strategic understanding, and a proven track record in a number of successful start-ups. He has co-authored one patent application in computer vision, and two European and US patents in digital broadcast radio. Ivan has a Bachelor’s (1995) and Master’s degree in Electronic/Computer Engineering (1997) and Ph.D. (2010) in Computer Science from the University of Limerick, Ireland.
Emdalo Technologies, Ltd.
An engineer by training, Daire co-founded Emdalo Technologies in 2013 with Dr. Ivan Griffin to realize Machine Learning at the Edge. Daire has over 20 years’ experience in the high-tech electronics industries, having held senior commercial, management and product development roles in start-up and early phase companies targeting US, Asia-Pacific and European markets.