This Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment course will teach you how to implement the DevOps practices of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and Microsoft Azure.
About This Course
This course provides knowledge and skills to implement the DevOps practices of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and Microsoft Azure.
The course will provide knowledge of continuous integration builds, automated testing and continuous delivery and deployment build, test, and release to the next level by understanding how they function within a DevOps development environment.
The course will also cover how VSTS integrates with third party and OSS tools, such as Git and Jenkins.
The course is intended for IT Professionals who are interested in crossing over into development territory towards the goal of establishing a DevOps culture, and Developers who want to learn more about the development processes of DevOps in order to extend upon Agile processes for rapid delivery.
Students curious about DevOps practices as a culture shift, but do not have extensive experience with VSTS or Microsoft Azure, should be able to follow the procedural and expository explanations of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience working in an organization delivering software,either in development or in operations.
- Knowledge and experience working with Cloud based solutions,experience using Microsoft Azure.
What you’ll learn
- Configure Git and TFVC version control options for Continuous Integration
- How to manage Technical Debt and the sources and impact of it
- How to create a continuous integration build using VSTS
- Package Management Integration options such as NuGet, SemVer, GitVersion and others
- Agents and Pipelines, including how to release pipelines
- Continuous Delivery and Release Management strategies
- Integrating automated testing into your release pipelines using Selenium, Coded UI Testing, Microsoft Test Manager
- Understand the various availability and performance testing options
- Automated provisioning and de-provisioning of infrastructure and databases D
- Deployment groups, feature flags and recovery automation
- Database deployment in release pipelines
- Continuous deployment with Jenkins and VSTS
- Module 0: Welcome to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Course Overview
- Before Starting This Course
- Pre-Course Survey
- Module 1 | Continuous Integration
- Continuous Integration
- Pipelines and Agents
- Technical Debt
- Module 1 Review Questions (Ungraded)
- Module 2 | Package Management
- Package Management Package Management
- Module 2 Review Questions (Ungraded) current section
- Module 3 | Continuous Delivery
- Release Pipelines
- Environments and Tasks
- Test Automation
- Advanced Delivery
- Module 3 Review Questions (Ungraded)
- Module 4 | Continuous Deployment
- Continuous Deployment
- Advanced Continuous Deployment
- Module 4 Review Questions (Ungraded)
- Module 5 | Practice Labs
- Practice Labs
- Final Exam (Graded)
- Final Exam (Graded)
- Post-Course Survey
Meet the instructors
Microsoft MVP, author, and trainer
Tarun Arora is a Microsoft MVP, author, and trainer on DevOps. He is obsessed with high-quality, working software, continuous delivery, and Agile practices. Tarun heads DevOps for Avanade, UK, a Microsoft Gold Partner. You can find more DevOps-focused content on his blog www.visualstudiogeeks.com. For latest and greatest in DevOps, follow Tarun on Twitter @arora_tarun.
Start learning Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
You can enroll now at for the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment course our DataChangers Academy! Do you want to learn more? Then check out our other tracks about Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud Administration, IT-Support, Software Development, or Big Data.