This Implementing Real-Time Analytics with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight course is about learning how to use Hadoop technologies to create real-time analytical solutions.
About This Course
In this four week course, you’ll learn how to implement low-latency and streaming Big Data solutions using Hadoop technologies like HBase, Storm, and Spark on Microsoft Azure HDInsight.
Note: To complete the hands-on elements in this course, you will require an Azure subscription and a Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X client computer. You can sign up for a free Azure trial subscription (a valid credit card is required for verification, but you will not be charged for Azure services). Note that the free trial is not available in all regions. It is possible to complete the course and earn a certificate without completing the hands-on practices.
This course is the second in a series that explores big data and advanced analytics techniques with HDInsight; and builds on the batch processing techniques learned in Processing Big Data with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight.
- Familiarity with Hadoop clusters and Hive in HDInsight
- Familiarity with database concepts and basic SQL query syntax
- Familiarity with basic programming constructs (for example, variables, loops, conditional logic). Experience with Java or C# is useful but not essential
- A willingness to learn actively and persevere when troubleshooting technical problems is essential
- HBase to implement low-latency NoSQL data stores.
- Storm to implement real-time streaming analytics solutions.
- Spark for high-performance interactive data analysis.
- Module 1:Using HBase for NoSQL Data
- Module 2:Using Storm for Streaming Data
- Module 3:Using Spark for Interactive Analysis
- Module 4:Final Exam
Meet the instructor
Senior Content Developer
Microsoft Learning Experiences
Graeme has been a trainer, consultant, and author for longer than he cares to remember, specializing in SQL Server and the Microsoft data platform. He is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert for the SQL Server Data Platform and Business Intelligence. After years of working with Microsoft as a partner and vendor, he now works in the Microsoft Learning Experiences team as a senior content developer, where he plans and creates content for developers and data professionals who want to get the best out of Microsoft technologies.
Start learning Implementing Real-Time Analytics with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight
You can enroll now for the Implementing Real-Time Analytics with Hadoop in Azure HDInsight course at our DataChangers Academy! Do you want to learn more? Then check out our other Data & AI courses.
Please use a Windows Live ID email address to register at the DataChangers Academy if you want to obtain a certificate after finishing the courses.