This Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel course is about the basics of Excel, one of the most popular data analysis tools, to help visualize and gain insights from your data.
About This Course
After taking this course you’ll be ready to continue to our more advanced Excel course, Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel.
What you’ll learn
- Create flexible data aggregations using pivot tables
- Represent data visually using pivot charts
- Calculate margins and other common ratios using calculation on pivot table
- Filter data using slicers in multiple pivot tables
- Create aggregate reports using formula based techniques
- Learn about Excel tables and what is their advantage over regular ranges.
- Use a table to filter, sort and see totals.
- See how calculations can be used to add columns to the existing data in Excel table.
- Create our first pivot table.
- Use multiple pivot tables and pivot charts to create our first dashboard.
- Connect multiple slicers to the pivot tables.
- Explore in more depth the full power of pivot tables.
- See how to filter the data shown in the pivot in many ways to achieve interesting subsets of the data.
- Use calculated fields on top of the pivot table to calculate profitability and find anomalies.
- Use formulas to aggregate the data as an alternative to pivot tables for more flexible reporting layouts.
- See how a pivot can use more than one table and introduction to the Excel data table that is described in detail in the more advanced course in these series.
Meet the instructors
Dany Hoter is a solutions architect with DataRails, a startup company that adds enterprise abilities to Excel. He has been involved with business intelligence (BI), Excel, and BI in Excel since 1998. Previously, he worked for Microsoft as a Program Manager in the Excel team. Dany is very passionate about educating Excel users and is happy to connect on LinkedIn.
Senior Content Developer
Jonathan works as a content developer and project manager for Microsoft focusing in Data and Analytics online training. He has worked with trainings for developer and IT pro audiences, from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to Windows Active Directory.
Before coming to Microsoft, Jonathan worked as a consultant for a Microsoft partner, implementing Microsoft Dynamics NAV solutions.
Start learning Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel
Please use a Windows Live ID email address to register at the DataChangers Academy if you want to obtain a certificate after finishing the courses.
Show what you know and get a certificate