With this Microsoft Azure Storage course you can explore Azure Storage and how it makes possible the storing and processing of hundreds of terabytes of data required to support big data scenarios but can then scale down to meet the needs of a small business website.
About This Course
This course focuses on Azure Storage as a service that scales to meet the data storage demand, allows data access anywhere at any time based on an internet connection, provides a platform for building internet-scale applications, and can store structured and non-structured data in the appropriate format in the cloud.
You’ll be introduced to managing storage through Azure Storage accounts as well as the different types of accounts a storage account can contain.
Explore the different tools that let you examine storage account content without having to write custom code.
You’ll also get an introduction to implementing storage backup and recovery, including deployment of site recovery and replication of Hyper-V virtual machines to Azure.
- General understanding of cloud computing models.
- General understanding of virtualization, networking and storage concepts.
- Basic proficiency in PowerShell and command line interface scripting.
What you’ll learn
- How to plan for Azure storage, including choice of the most appropriate storage for a given scenario, and for billable storage requests and backup and recovery requirements.
- How to implement and manage Azure storage, including creating a storage account and choosing a storage access tool.
- How to implement blobs, tables and queues, and Azure files.
- How to monitor storage and implement Azure Backup.
Meet the instructors
Senior Content Developer
Cindy is a Senior Content Developer for Microsoft specializing in Windows Server IT professional online training.
Tony is a Content Developer for Microsoft with over 15 years specializing in IT professional online training.
Corey J Hynes is an infrastructure consultant who has been working in IT for 17 years. Corey specializes in core infrastructure and virtualization technologies including Windows Server, Hyper-V, VDI, and System Center.
Start learning about Microsoft Azure Storage
Please use a Windows Live ID email address to register at the DataChangers Academy if you want to obtain a certificate after finishing the courses.