With this Writing Professional Code course you will learn that writing professional code is a team sport. Learn how to elevate your game to the next level.
About This Course
“Professional” sounds boring, right? Wrong! Join expert Andrew Byrne, who has more than 25 years of software development experience, and see how fun it can be to apply your coding skills to actual problems. Create an online portfolio of code on GitHub, and receive feedback from your peers through code reviews and discussions.
Being a professional developer is about managing change, evolving a codebase, maintaining quality, and keeping your users and your business safe.
As a new coder, step up your game as you learn and practice key skills that developers use every day. Work with a collection of code in a version control system like Git, use open source (OSS) libraries, make updates to existing code, improve its readability, and even take a look at security. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of the team, and get practical experience with real code in a real coding environment.
- Knowledge of C# is required
What you’ll learn
- Work with code that’s maintained in a version control system, such as Git.
- Improve code and make it easier to understand using refactoring, code comments, naming conventions and documentation.
- Update an existing code base.
- Code with confidence with the help of unit tests.
- Give and receive meaningful feedback in a peer code review.
- Contribute to Open-Source Software (OSS) projects on GitHub.
- Learn how to keep your code secure and respect your user’s privacy.
Meet the instructor
Senior Content Developer
Andrew is a Senior Content Developer at Microsoft. His passion for software and teaching comes from 20+ years of software development experience at Microsoft, Siemens, Ericsson and his own startup.
Start learning Writing Professional Code
Please use a Windows Live ID email address to register at the DataChangers Academy if you want to obtain a certificate after finishing the courses.