Do you want to learn data science skills and still have some time to relax this summer? Then apply now for the DataChangers Summer Academy! We have 2 tracks from the Microsoft Professional Program for you and you can learn at your own pace, where and whenever you want. And the good news: it’s for free! So why not give it a try?
You have 3 months to finish the Data Science Track (10 courses) or the Data Analysis Track (8 courses). Both of them also have a Capstone project that will take place in October 2019. So if you are inspired after this summer program, we would welcome you to enroll for one of the Capstones in October.
Data Science Program
- Week 1: Introduction to Data Science (course Introduction to Data Science)
- Week 2: Analyze and Visualize Data (course Analyze and Visualize Data with Excel or Analyze and Visualize Data with PowerBI)
- Week 3: Communicate Data Insights (course Analytics Storytelling for Impact)
- Week 4: Ethics and Law in Data and Analysis (course Ethics and Law for Data and Analytics)
- Week 5: Query Relational Data (course Querying with Transact-SQL)
- Week 6: Explore Data with Code (course Introduction to R for Data Science or Introduction to Python for Data Science)
- Week 7-8: Apply Math and Statistics to Data Analysis (course Essential Math for Machine Learning: R Edition or Essential Math for Machine Learning: Python Edition or Essential Statistics for Data Analysis using Excel)
- Week 9: Plan and Conduct Data Studies (course Data Science Research Methods: R Edition OR Data Science Research Methods: Python Edition)
- Week 10-11: Build Machine Learning Models (course Principles of Machine Learning: R Edition or Principles of Machine Learning: Python Edition)
- Week 12: Build Predictive Solutions at Scale (course Predictive Analytics with Spark in Azure or Analyze Big Data with Microsoft R or Developing Big Data Solutions with Azure Machine Learning)
- After this DataChangers Summer Academy: Capstone Data Science (course Microsoft Professional Capstone: Data Science)
Data Analysis Track
- Week 1: Get Started with Data Analysis (course Data Analysis: A Practical Approach for Absolute Beginners)
- Week 2: Analyse Data using Statistics (course Essential Math for Data Analysis using Excel Online)
- Week 3: Create Basic Data Visualizations (course Data Visualization: A Practical Approach for Absolute Beginners)
- Week 4: Pivot and Manipulate Data (course Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel)
- Week 5: Query Relational Data (course Querying Data with Transact-SQL)
- Week 6: Build Descriptive Analytics Models and Visualizations (course Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel or Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI)
- Week 7: Communicate Data Insights (course Analytics Storytelling for Impact)
- Week 8: Apply Data Analysis Methods in Context (course Applied Data Analysis: Working in Organizations and Industries)
- After the DataChangers Summer Academy: Capstone Data Analysis: to be released soon!
We will start on the 1st of July, 2019 and finish on the 30th of September, 2019.
All the courses are available at the DataChangers Academy.
There are no costs for this program. But you have the opportunity to get certified, which has a cost. Please look at the next paragraph for the details.
This DataChangers Summer Academy is for free. However, if you want to get credits for all your work you do, then that’s possible too. For every course you finish, you can purchase a course completion voucher, which will give you the option to get a Microsoft Certificate of Completion. There are also voucher packages available in our shop.
We believe in the strength of the community and have a Microsoft Teams Site so you can share your questions with your fellow-learners. We want to keep the program for free, so there are no additional coaches.
The application for the DataChangers Summer Academy is open: