Do you want to learn data science skills and still have some time to relax this summer? Then apply now for the DataChangers Summer Academy! We have 2 tracks from the Microsoft Professional Program for you and you can learn at your own pace, where and whenever you want. And the good news: it’s for free! So why not give it a try?
You have 3 months to finish the Data Science Track (10 courses) or the Data Analysis Track (8 courses). The Data Science track will also have a Capstone project that takes place in October 2019. So if you are inspired after this summer program and you did the Data Science track, we would welcome you to enroll for the Capstones in October.
Data Science Program
- Week 1: Introduction to Data Science (course Introduction to Data Science)
- Week 2: Analyze and Visualize Data (course Analyze and Visualize Data with Excel or Analyze and Visualize Data with PowerBI)
- Week 3: Communicate Data Insights (course Analytics Storytelling for Impact)
- Week 4: Ethics and Law in Data and Analysis (course Ethics and Law for Data and Analytics)
- Week 5: Query Relational Data (course Querying with Transact-SQL)
- Week 6: Explore Data with Code (course Introduction to R for Data Science or Introduction to Python for Data Science)
- Week 7-8: Apply Math and Statistics to Data Analysis (course Essential Math for Machine Learning: R Edition or Essential Math for Machine Learning: Python Edition or Essential Statistics for Data Analysis using Excel)
- Week 9: Plan and Conduct Data Studies (course Data Science Research Methods: R Edition OR Data Science Research Methods: Python Edition)
- Week 10-11: Build Machine Learning Models (course Principles of Machine Learning: R Edition or Principles of Machine Learning: Python Edition)
- Week 12: Build Predictive Solutions at Scale (course Predictive Analytics with Spark in Azure or Analyze Big Data with Microsoft R or Developing Big Data Solutions with Azure Machine Learning)
- After this DataChangers Summer Academy: Capstone Data Science (course Microsoft Professional Capstone: Data Science)
Data Analysis Track
- Week 1: Get Started with Data Analysis (course Data Analysis: A Practical Approach for Absolute Beginners)
- Week 2: Analyse Data using Statistics (course Essential Math for Data Analysis using Excel Online)
- Week 3: Create Basic Data Visualizations (course Data Visualization: A Practical Approach for Absolute Beginners)
- Week 4: Pivot and Manipulate Data (course Introduction to Data Analysis using Excel)
- Week 5: Query Relational Data (course Querying Data with Transact-SQL)
- Week 6: Build Descriptive Analytics Models and Visualizations (course Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Excel or Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Power BI)
- Week 7: Communicate Data Insights (course Analytics Storytelling for Impact)
- Week 8: Apply Data Analysis Methods in Context (course Applied Data Analysis: Working in Organizations and Industries)
We will start on the 1st of July, 2019 and finish on the 30th of September, 2019.
All the courses are available at the DataChangers Academy.
What do I need to start
You only need a Windows Live ID email address. With this Windows Live ID email address, you can register on our DataChangers Academy. If you don’t have a Windows Live ID yet, you can create one here: https://signup.live.com/. You can create a new email address, or use one of your existing email addresses, and set it up as a Windows Live ID. After registration on the DataChangers Academy, you can explore the courses and enroll.
There are no costs for this program. But you have the opportunity to get certified, which has a cost. Please look at the next paragraph for the details.
This DataChangers Summer Academy is for free. However, if you want to get credits for all your work done, then that’s possible too. For every course you finish, you can purchase a course completion voucher, which will give you the option to get a Microsoft Certificate of Completion. There are also voucher packages available in our shop (first come, first served):
If you want to get certified, then please also enroll for the corresponding Microsoft Professional Program track with the same Windows Live ID email address. On this Microsoft Academy, you can then find the overview of all your achievement when you issue your vouchers for a certificate. Please make sure you take the courses at the DataChangers Academy (the links on the Microsoft Academy might send you elsewhere).
Ps. we can also make you an invoice for these vouchers. If you want that, just send us your invoice details and the voucher package that you would like to buy, and we will prepare you the invoice.
We believe in the strength of the community and have a Microsoft Teams Site so you can share your questions with your fellow-learners.
You can download the app here: https://teams.microsoft.com/downloads. We want to keep the program for free, so there are no additional coaches.
The application for the DataChangers Summer Academy is open: